Cleaner Full-time Job1 month ago - Human Resources - Addis Ababa - 139 views
GIZ has been supporting the African Union (AU) on behalf of the German Federal Government since 2004. With around 20 regional and continental technical cooperation projects in line with the AU's stated goals, the GIZ AU portfolio is now active in 34 countries across the continent and has staff in 17 countries of Africa. Majority of employees of the GIZ AU projects are based in the headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Pretoria, South Africa.
The GIZ AU Office in Addis Ababa is looking for an experienced employee who, with creative will as well as openness to piloting and innovation, contributes to the further development of this dynamic GIZ portfolio and supports us in making the GIZ Office to the AU efficient and cost-effective.
- Cleanliness and orderliness of the office and its respective premises
- Cleaning of the office premises, rooms, corridors, furniture, carpets and windows, vacuums and cleans carpets
- Performing general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of laminate, or tiled floors
- Disposing of trash work in environmentally friendly and economical manners
- Smooth and timely performance of the assigned tasks
- Cleaning official office and project cars
- Proper storing of official errands and carrying out other tasks needed to run the office smoothly
- Secondary school education
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Physical strength and resilience
- Ideally a knowledge of English
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with the management
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties, appropriate appearance and clothing