HR & Admin Officer Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Addis Ababa - 251 views
To ensure that Concern’s personnel policies and procedures are implemented consistently throughout each project in order for Concern to achieve its objectives;
To maintain and regularly update human resource-related information;
To facilitate and coordinate recruitment and selection processes to ensure transparency, fairness and equal employment opportunity for all.
Duties and responsibilities :
- Maintain and update all official personnel files and records for the program on a regular basis;
- Prepare monthly staff list report of all field offices and reports for Head office and other relevant departments;
- Provide timely update to relevant departments particularly finance of any staff changes such as employment, promotion, resignation, transfer etc;
- Maintain and regularly update data of staff family/dependents to ensure proper utilization of the medical scheme;
- Liaise with hospitals that have credit medical service facility contract with Concern, update them staff and dependents data on a quarterly basis and follow up contract renewal issues;
- Renew staff employment contracts accordingly and follow up staff contracts that are on probation and temporary basis;
- Provide support and advice to line managers and employees regarding HR issues;
- Provide support and advice to field office Admin Officers for any HR related issues;
- Facilitate all recruitment, transfer, promotion, resignation and related processes and document all accordingly.
- Ensure all job vacancy notices are posted on the relevant notice boards within Concern Offices and provide vacancy notices to newspapers for postings on time and liaise with them.
- Update all recruitment information and file following completion i.e. shortlisted and non-short listed CVs, exam results, interview results, etc.
- Preparing contracts and other relevant documents for new employees.
- Participating in shortlisting, testing, and interview of the position below grade I at program Office level;
- Communicate/inform applicants who are not successful in their interview and/or written exam on time;
- Organizing induction programs for new staff joining Concern in consultation with concerned departments;
- Provide briefing on PDR for new staff members and assist existing staff in completing their PDR;
- Compile training needs of individual staff and develop an annual training plan
- Facilitate and organize local and oversees staff training's;
- Compile staff sponsorship requests and forward recommendations;
- Maintain and update staff training and development information and records;
- Ensure that the overall security of the office; guest house & expatriates residents and report on time when something strange is observed;
- Monitor and follow up the services provided by the reception & documentation section;
- Follow up and make sure that staff under your supervision have accomplished their obligation and execute their daily routine duties well;
- Regularly assess and identify buildings and other facilities within the premises that require maintenance & renovation works and report on time;
- Oversee and supervise the performance of the guards at the office, guest house & expatriate’s residence;
- Make sure the periodical working clothes (uniform ) and other provision like sugar, tea, kerosene & hand torches are budgeted and provided on time for guards;
- Submit requests for the material provision of the guest house and ensure that it is used according to the targeted plan;
- Ensure that the offices & the compound are clean, the toilets are properly working and clean and conducive for working ;
- Monitor and follow up the garden of the office and the guest houses are well maintained, flowers and plants are properly handled;
- Follow up that maintenance requests are appropriately considered and maintenance is made on time;
- Assist expatriate staff in the management of Domestic Cooks and follow up on their performance;
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
Person specification :
- BA/BSc degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Public Administration or relevant field with min. 4 years’ experience; or
- College Diploma in a relevant area with min. 6 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years of NGO experience is advantageous.
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skill
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff and working with community members
- Computer Literate
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Report writing ability
- Excellent management capacity
- Good communication and administrative skills
- Excellent Financial management capacity
What we offer :
- 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks (unpaid) parental leave
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
How to Apply
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
· Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Concern Ethiopia, Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa. OR apply in person at our Office in Addis Ababa,
Or Gambella Coordination Office , Gambella or Pugnido.