2. PlayMatters Project Manager
Plan International Ethiopia, an independent organization dedicated to advancing children’s rights and promoting equality for girls, is seeking a PlayMatters Project Manager to effectively lead a team and deliver high-quality programming in the Gambella, Afar, and Benishangul Gumuz regions. This role requires strong leadership skills, project management expertise, and a commitment to achieving gender-transformative results in an emergency setting.
- Project Leadership and Management:
- Lead program planning, implementation, and reporting in compliance with donor and government agreements
- Ensure quality programming and financial management
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems
- Deliver outcomes related to advocacy, integration, scale-up, and sustainability
- Synergy, Communication, and Coordination:
- Foster productive relationships with stakeholders, particularly government bodies
- Coordinate with technical leads to document best practices and integrate lessons learned into programming
- Team Leadership:
- Manage and motivate a diverse team to achieve project goals
- Communicate roles, responsibilities, and expectations clearly
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members
- Ensure compliance with Plan International’s safeguarding and gender equality policies
- BA/MA in Education or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading international projects, preferably in education, with a focus on gender transformative results
- Experience in complex emergencies or post-conflict settings
- Familiarity with donor regulations and reporting requirements
- Proficiency in English
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of Child Protection and Education in Emergencies programming
- Experience managing diverse teams and working with INGOs
- Familiarity with LEGO Foundation guidelines
- Passion for feminist principles and mission-driven work
- Commitment to transparency and integrity
- Inclusive and empowering leadership approach
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Creativity and willingness to innovate
- Flexibility and adaptability to evolving contexts
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of local languages desirable
How to Apply:
Ethiopian Nationals meeting the qualifications are encouraged to apply using the provided links before the closing date of February 17, 2024.
For internal applicants:
For external applicants:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted through the provided links.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
For more information about Plan International, visit http://plan-international.org.