We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as a Behavioral Health Sciences Research and Design Lab coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations and management of our BIRD LAB. You will play a crucial role in supporting research projects, ensuring the smooth functioning of the lab, and fostering a collaborative and productive environment for our team of researchers.
Key Role and Responsibility:
Lab Operations Management:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the BIRDLAB and behavioral surveillance system including scheduling and organization of research activities.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and ethical guidelines in all research activities.
- Develop and implement research protocols and procedures on Behavioral insight (BI).
- Prepare behavioral insight tools/methodologies, identify entry points that can address the behavioral barriers and outline ideas for potential interventions.
- Develop and implement site-specific procedures.
- Assist researchers in setting up experiments and data collection, including participant recruitment, data entry, and data management.
- Train data clerks on data collection best practices and software
- Provide technical support for software used in data collection and analysis.
- Collaborate with researchers to design and develop experimental research, surveys, and questionnaires.
- Prepare Behavioral surveillance system (BSS) protocol, methodology, implementation guide, and measurement framework.
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of the experiment
- Prepare BSS protocol, methodology, implementation guide, and measurement framework.
- Prepare measurement framework for monitoring of results
- Conduct co-creation, prototyping, and testing as well as consultations with key stakeholders and target audience
- Lead focus group discussions, and community dialogue, and organize any additional follow-up consultations where required to identify specific behavioral barriers.
Team Coordination and Training:
- Train and supervise research assistants and other staff in BI, data collection techniques, and research ethics.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment, promoting effective communication and teamwork among team members.
- Coordinate research activities and schedules to ensure timely completion of projects and adherence to deadlines.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Conduct data analysis using appropriate statistical software and methodologies
- Conduct thematic analysis, program iteration, and report writing
- Interpretate and present research findings, including preparing research reports, presentations and publications.
- Ensure data quality and accuracy, including developing and implementing data validation procedures
- Document the learning from the implemented behavioral insight projects’ key findings and recommendations
- Collaborate with other researchers and stakeholders to develop and implement research projects
- Attend project meetings and provide updates on activities
- Assist with other project-related tasks as needed.
- Master’s degree in Health Education and Health Promotion, behavioral sciences, Public Health, psychology, economics or any related field of study from a recognized university
- Proven experience working in research preferably in the field of behavioral health science, psychology, sociology or economics.
- Strong knowledge of research methodologies and statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with experimental design, data collection tools, and software used in behavioral science research.
- Proficiency in statistical software such as SPSS, R, and SAS.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and a commitment to maintaining high research standards.
- Experience in managing research projects and training on Behavioral science is a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of behavioral insights and behavioral economics.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Supportive and ethical
- Pleasant and polite attitude always
- Ability to act as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Able to work with minimal supervision and ability to withstand pressure
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Job Type: 6 months Contractual with possible extension
Employment Type: Full-time with frequent travel to the field.
How to Apply
Interested applicants shall submit their motivation letter, updated curriculum vitae, and all their credentials (supporting educational and work experience-related documents) only through email.
Use the email address to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Application: ten working days following publication of this announcement
Female applicants are encouraged
Ethiopian Health Education and Promotion Professional Association (EHEPA) has zero tolerance for Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, which enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Nov 25, 2023