Branch Manager I for Central North Area Office
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in five of the Regional States of the country. VisionFund MFI is currently looking candidates for Branch Manager I Role for branches under Central North Area Offices. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
1. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures verification of existence of clients and credit worthiness of their business;
• Chairs the Branch Credit Committee (BCC) and participates in evaluating, approving, or rejecting loans according to the level of discretion;
• Ensure saving deposit and withdrawals in accordance to the policies;
• Coordinates on growth areas and projections for disbursements;
• Plans and controls the liquidity of the branch; repayment of loans;
• Ensures the installment and operation of financial accounting system, production of financial analysis and reports, follows up cash flows and handling;
• Ensures that the targets agreed with the management are reached;
• Coordinate and supervise the operation of the branch;
• Plans personnel capacity, selecting new staff, undertakes fair & equitable HRM and evaluating existing staff in accordance with management decisions;
• Supervises economical use of material resources (Generator, Motorcycles & Vehicles) ensures same are serviced on time & as scheduled;
• Ensures that the branch staff maintain very high morale, identifies capacity building needs and ensures adequate and updated training is provided;
• Undertakes annual performance appraisals and staff development plans;
• Develops the branch business plan and annual work plans and seeks approval from the SMT on the projected targets and required resources;
• Adjusts the plan as and when needed;
• Implements policies, procedures and internal controls at the branch offices;
• Decides on all operational & financial issues within the framework of existing regulations and management decisions;
• Performs independent balancing of all records;
• Works with other management members of the MFI;
• Attends quarterly branch managers meetings, engages in team problem solving, works together on overlapping tasks;
• Provides back-up support to the other branches and head office as needed;
• Ensures efficient flow of information inquiries required by different Department from Head Office & Area Operation Office;
• Communicates with staff on organizational changes;
• Prepares and submits periodic overall performance and financial reports to the Area Office Manager, the Head Office and the Partners ( ADP, Local authorities etc) as specifically determined;
• Promotes loans, saving and any other services provided by the Branch;
• Plans and initiates promotional measures within the target markets of the branch;
• networks with local authorities other MFIs and communities;
• “Champions” the deposit mobilization efforts within the branch’s area of coverage;
• Implements a customer driven branch approach.
• BA Degree/Diploma in Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Banking, Marketing, Cooperative, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture or related social sciences and business fields.
relevant work experience for Degree/Diploma holders.
• Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
• Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of rectitude.
• Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values.
• Be proficient in Microsoft office applications.
• Able to plan and manage finances, including a basic understanding of accounting.
• Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach.
• Very good communication and marketing skills.
Terms of Employment:
As per the Institution salary scale
March 21, 2023
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for Latest Opportunitie
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article
NB: Whenever you are looking for a job in Ethiopia, just remember tikusjobs.com. We hope that tikusjobs.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
How To Apply:
Candidates who fulfil the above requirements can submit the application letter, updated curriculum vitae with names and addresses of up to 3 references can apply online
Note: – Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Job Category:Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Management
Location:Addis Ababa and surrounding area
For more jobs,please click here