- Experience cleaning and maintaining living spaces and their contents.
- Experience with laundry, ironing, and mending. Experience organizing and stocking supplies.
- Experience staffing events.
- Experience working as part of a team. Experience reporting anomalies.
- Must be literate and numerate. Can work independently and as a team. Clear thinker, excellent decision maker, collaborator, communicator, problem-solver under pressure. Can use good judgment.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
- Carries out the Residence Manager’s directives related to all routines, schedules and standards affecting the overall appearance and functioning of the residence.
- Responsible for daily cleaning and regular deep cleaning of personal space. Assists Residence Manager with representational space.
- Including bathrooms, windows, and outdoor representational space.
- Manages all laundry. Cleans, irons, steams and folds clothing and bed and bath linens.
- Responsible for dry cleaning and mending. Responsible for all special care items.
- Organizes and maintains all closets and dressers. Cares for shoes.
- Responsible for cleaning and laundry supplies and products.
- Responsible for maintaining paper supplies such as toilet paper, napkins, tissues, and trash bags.
- Responsible for reporting repairs needed to the House Manager.
- Assists with packing and unpacking for travel and relocation.
- Staff events. Assists with setting up, serving and clean-up.
- Assists all other staff, including culinary staff and Residence Manager as needed.
- Responsible for remembering requests and preferences.
- Responsible for reporting any and all safety and security concerns.
- Responsible for administering First Aid as needed.
WORK HOURS: Full-time (48 hours/week). Availability for evening and weekend work is required.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fixed term contract until the employer permanently departs post, until one-month prior notice is provided by either the employer or the employee, a one-month base salary payment in lieu of one-month prior notice is provided by the employer to the employee, or the employee is dismissed for cause.
Probationary Period – 90 calendar days.
EMPLOYER: The U.S. Embassy Chief of Mission (COM); not the U.S. Embassy, not the U.S. government. As a personal employee of the COM, the terms and conditions of U.S. government employees do not apply to this position.
Note: A non-citizen of the host country applicant (including a U.S. citizen or a third-country national) who is locally resident must have the required work/resident permit to be eligible for consideration.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents in English to be considered:
1. One page cover letter-explaining in English why you are qualified for the job and also mention your current salary and benefit package.
2. Curriculum Vitae – maximum 2 pages.
3. Copy of education and letter(s) of work experience.
4. Copy of work/residence permit for a non-citizen of the host country.
The above information should be emailed to the Human Resources Office, American Embassy, Addis Ababa via AddisORE@state.gov on or before the closing date. The email subject must say Head Chef. Failure to submit the required documents will subject to disqualification. Late applications will not be considered.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Nov 26, 2023