Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
ROLE PURPOSE: The job holder will be responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the child protection interventions. Working closely with the woreda BoWCA experts and SCI project managers, He/she will be responsible to effectively coordinate, supervise and provide support to the community facilitators in the assigned region and follow-up the implementation of the project under responsibility. The project officer will participate in the preparation of plan and working closely with the programme Manager and partners. He/she will provide project progress reports to the project Manager in the field office as per the government, SCI and donor requirement. In consultation with the project Manager, the job holder will represent the project at Woreda level external forums/meetings in his/her operation region as required. He/she will ensure strong linkage and integration of project activities with the government sector development plan.
SCOPE OF ROLE: The position is under the line management of the project Manager and is directly reporting to this post while he/she will have functional relationship with the respective process owner in the Woreda BoWCA’s.
Reports To: The Project Manager
Staff Directly Reporting To This Post: CP social worker, Child Friendly Space facilitators, Child Friendly Space Guard & Community outreach workers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assists the CP Project Manager in overseeing the planning, budgeting and implementation of CP project CP interventions.
- Establish/strengthen community based child protection mechanisms to prevent and protect children.
- Identifies community based child protection mechanisms capacity gaps and participates in building their capacity.
- Facilitate and lead community awareness raising and sensitization programs to promote positive values of the society towards children.
- Facilitate and lead the economic empowerment of families and their children.
- Facilitate and provide trainings, workshops for community members, and other stakeholders.
- Lead and facilitate best interest determination (BID) panel to guarantee best interest of the children.
- Assist establishing/strengthening referral linkages.
- Facilitate multi sectorial linkages at Woreda level to prevent, protect and respond to child protection risks.
- Identify, register and refer abused and exploited children for child protection services.
- Work as a case manager or case management focal person at Woreda level.
- Promote and improve quality service delivery to fulfil children’s right based on SCI vision, mission and values.
- Work closely with Woreda relevant government offices and community based child protection structures
- Assists the CP Project Manager in the preparation and compilation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and for other SCI and donor compliances and requirements.
- Document best practices of the project activities and share with relevant agencies.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values In Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in an area of social science, health and other developmental field or equivalent
- Recommended a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment, preferably with experience in community based child protection project
- Knowledge and understanding of national Child wellbeing systems, and technical knowledge on child wellbeing monitoring and evaluation
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Good knowledge of the regional context of assignment and prior experience in working with pastoralist communities
- Strong results orientation and ability to work under pressure
- Experience of successfully implementing changes to processes to improve and monitor quality standards and impact achieved
- Experience of facilitating and shaping programmes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness,
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Fluency in Afar Affe is Mandatory,
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Proven team work and team management experience
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Use the below link to apply: CLICK HERE
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article