The purpose of the position is to support the technical staff in both paper-based and or mobile Data Collection (MDC). S/he will enter the data properly into the computer using Excel forms developed for this purpose and clean the data before handing it to the technical staff, review and crosscheck the data for its quality before submission.
- Enters data collected with paper-based data collection tools into the computer as per the data collection tools; collects the data using MDC when it is designed and implemented.
- At each regular period, make sure that data entry into the computer files or database systems is completed in the required time.
- Ensure necessary corrections and cross-verifications (between what is entered and what is there in the paper) are carefully considered in the course of data entry.
- Tracks and reports on data collection tools submitted with data late after the deadline.
Data Quality Assurance
- Make sure that the required data quality is maintained in both hard and soft copies in users friendly way.
- Checks the accuracy of data entered into corresponding fields of hard and soft copies of data collection tools,
- Make sure appropriate corrections are taken in a timely manner for data that compromises data quality assurance.
- Ensure the process of data entry is made on appropriate and functional data collection tools that are in use.
- Track and report on data reported in formatted tools as well as nonfunctional data collection tools that are not in use.
- Verifies and ensures the accuracy of data entered into the computer compared with paper-based data collection tools to avoid discrepancy in data.
- Ensure the completeness of each and every data entered on paper-based data before starting data entry.
- Make sure the data reported is in an appropriate and functional data collection tool.
Data Management and Documentation
- Document and manage reported paper-based data collection tools on a regular basis, by closely working with the MEL teams.
- Organize and sort data on both paper-based records and soft copy following data entry.
- Safeguards data with regular and continuous backups to ensure data protection and security.
Data Cleaning and analysis
- Make sure that the documented hard and soft copy versions of data entered into the computer are cleaned and analyzed.
- Support the technical staff in reviewing, cleaning and analyzing the data collected.
Required Professional Experience
- Two years or more proven experience as a data entry clerk, data cleaning and management or data entry experience and its beyond or very closely related office experience;
- Strong computer skills and rich experience in Excel spreadsheets (data entry, data processing, cleaning, and its quality control mechanisms) in particular, working knowledge of MS Office Word and in general,
- Ability to enter data into a computer quickly and accurately and fast typing skills,
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think analytically,
- Very good knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.),
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices,
- Basic understanding of databases,
- Proficient in English and Local Language (Tigrigna) and Amharic
- Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- Minimum of University Diploma or above in statistics, economics, agricultural economics, Computer science/IT, and other development or social science field
- Strong teamwork and partnership management skill
- Ability to analyze issues within local and global contexts.
- Ability to think strategically and programmatically.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Strong basic IT skills
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article