Driver and Logistics Assistant /No of position /2
JSI is a US-based public health nonprofit organization dedicated to providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance programs throughout the world. In Ethiopia, JSI has been working to improve health outcomes for more than 25 years, implementing more than 60 projects and working in every region. JSI has historically managed a large portfolio of projects focusing on the quality, and equity in access of, RMNCAH services, primary health care (PHC) including community health program, digital health, health information systems (HIS), supply chain management, public health emergency responses, and social and behavior change.
USAID Quality Healthcare Activity (QHA) aims at improving health outcomes through improved readiness of health facilities to deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services, increased management and accountability for quality service delivery, and restoration of services in health facilities in conflict-affected areas. QHA’s strategies and implementation approaches will help the government of Ethiopia build public and private health care systems that are responsive, resilient, and sustainable. QHA will cover urban and peri-urban primary health care units (PHCU) and referral health facilities in select regions and woredas. The Activity, through funding support from USAID, will be implemented by JSI in collaboration with Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), MSI Reproductive Choices (MSI), Project HOPE, and Network of Ethiopian Women’s Associations (NEWA) for five years (May 01, 2023 – April 30, 2028)
The Driver and logistics Assistant will work with all staff and partners, as well as short-term consultants. S/he is responsible for both transporting staff, for vehicle maintenance, and providing logistics and other administration supports.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Provide transportation and logistics services by ensuring the safety of passengers and adhering to organizational policies and regulations regarding driving and vehicle use;
● Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicle;
● Perform daily inspections of vehicles and maintain accurate vehicle logs to record fuel consumption, mileage, repairs and other reports as required;
● Ensure GPS units are operating correctly.
● Handle the store or petty cash based on the assignment from his/her supervisor
● Assist with inventory management, ensure any inventory movement is properly documented and reflected on the inventory list.
● Ensure equipment release forms are issued and change in the equipment location is reflected on the inventory list;
● Manage office supplies. Maintain stock cards, prepare and submit purchase requests to restock supplies to the position title in timely manner;
● Ensure vehicles are used for project purposes only and any irregularities or misuse is reported;
● Perform other administrative tasks on behalf of the project including but not limited to: event management, procurement, collection of goods or documents, making administrative arrangements and handling payments (if needed)
● Support the Activity by maintaining different equipment while traveling to the field
● Inform the operations Manager and JSI Security Advisor, in a timely manner of all accidents, breakdowns, mechanical failures, faulty equipment or suspected defective or malfunctioning equipment as required by the JSI operations manual.
● Act as a representative of the project at all times being responsive and courteous to visitors, clients and partners;
● Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
● Clean Driver’s License;
● At least 8 years of experience working as a driver or logistician, experience with a donor-funded project is preferred;
● Knowledge of basic auto repair/mechanics and other equipment maintenance
● Additional short term training/certificate on supply chain, accounting, and management are preferred
● Good interpersonal skills and professionally interact with partners and clients; and
● Ability to communicate in English.
● Reading and writing skills to complete administrative tasks and perform other duties
● Basic computer skill is desirable.
● Speaking of more than one local language is a plus.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get theLatest Updates for Latest Opportunitie
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article
NB: Whenever you are looking for a job in Ethiopia, just remember tikusjobs.com. We hope that tikusjobs.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW.
click here. please submit your application letter with your CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.
Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
JSI/WEI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Job Category:Automotive, Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain
For more jobs,please click here