With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Deliver full range transport service for organization use to ensure safe, reliable fleet to help in work on customer satisfaction and regulatory compliance.
- Observe prescribed work, safety rules and respond to service calls.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs / service: Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Rotate and change tires; change oil and filters; grease vehicle parts; inspect and replace bulbs, and Top up all fluid levels
- Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance in adherence to FM policy
- Inspect vehicles regularly, evaluate condition of systems, equipment, accessories, and light and reports any mechanical problems of vehicle to supervisor for repair /parts replacement and keep vehicle accessories counted, logo intact, functional safety tools kits and equipment.
- Maintain buses, vans, cars and work area clean, fueled and in good condition at all times
- Maintain log books and fuel consumption records on a regular basis, Take cautious measures on keeping original keys, tools, reserve tires/rims and communicate officially when needed.
- Consistently monitor vehicle performance , submit maintenance request or advice timely and follow-up accomplishments
- Prepare monthly vehicle usage report and submit timely
Knowledge/Qualifications for the role
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Experience: Minimum of two years of related work.
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Skill in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repairs.
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- 12th or 10+2, TVET Diploma , 3rd grade valid driving license /Auto/
- Technical Training qualifications required: Minimum third grade driving license
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Technical Training qualifications required in driving
- Experience with emergency shelter construction and supervision
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Work environment: Based in Shire with travelling overall Tigray Region.
- Frequent travel within the targeted woredas
- Tigrigna, English, Amharic
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Link to Apply
If you have referrals of talented individuals who you think would perform well in this role, please send them the link to this job opportunity
Female Candidates are Highly Encouraged to Apply
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable company that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Nov 24, 2023