National responsibility for the efficient and effective management and delivery of round-the-clock companywide physical and personnel security requirements.
End-to-end responsibility and accountability for all security matters nationally.
Manage all aspects of physical, electronic, and personnel security for company facilities and staff: Design & plan; Propose; Implement; Manage; Monitor & continuously improve all elements including:
- BTS physical and technical security
- Access Control
- Perimeter Security
- Surveillance Systems
- Physical Guarding
- Back-up Response
- Security Escorts
- Event Security
- Security Control Room Operations
- Network infrastructures help desk operations.
Undertake necessary activities in relation to Security Management including but not limited to:
- Security Sweeps
- Penetration Tests
- Intruder Detection and Alarm Response Tests
- Security surveys
- Internal security audits
Security and Safety advisory support across the business units.
- Regular (minimum weekly) security risk and mitigation reporting on all security matters including country risk.
- Ensure security risks are identified on an ongoing basis and appropriate mitigation is put in place.
- Key Crisis Management Team responsibilities where crisis situations occur.
- Build a strong national network of security stakeholders both government and private to ensure support in place where security risks or incidents arise.
- Law Enforcement Agencies Liaison & Assistance
- Investigate, follow-up and resolve security issues/cases affecting company mobile and immobile assets e.g., facilities, network equipment/property, staff, documents, etc.
- Assist company staff, through liaison with law enforcement agencies, on resolution of matters that require such intervention.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies and sensitize company staff on general insecurity trends, and personal/residential security awareness.
- Coordinate the conduct of bi-annual security awareness briefs at all manned company facilities in conjunction with contracted Security Risk Management Consultant
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Formulate and continuously review policies, processes and procedures pertaining to Physical and Personnel Security
- Document SLAs with all service providers
- Partner with business to deliver on each BU security requirement.
Budget & Financial Management:
- Develop budgets and forecasts for all physical and personnel security-related services and requirements for Safaricom facilities.
- Manage the assigned security budget and all security-related projects.
- Direct: Effective people management to ensure high quality of team, growth, development, performance, and motivation of security resources.
- Indirect: Manage delivery on contractual obligations in respect of physical security, control room, and any other services provided by third parties.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Security Management/Administration/MBA or any technical/business discipline
- At least 8 years experience in the Military, Police, or private security industry, with adequate exposure in command appointments preferably not below the rank of “Major” from the Military, its equivalent from the Police or Private Industry will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years experience in Corporate Security Management in a large corporate firm with multiple facilities, preferably telecommunications or technology sectors
- Strong general knowledge of Ethiopian Laws and Government Regulations pertaining to law enforcement.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the career portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Sep 20, 2023