About Samaritan’s Purse
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine. Samaritan’s Purse is privileged to be part of the humanitarian effort in Ethiopia and legally registered as foreign charity to work in Ethiopia since October 08, 2018.
Open Position: 1
The Finance Assistant is to assist the Finance officer by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, responsible for Cash processing and record keeping of the day to day transactions in accordance with SP policy and procedures. Specific responsibilities are as follows.
· To assist the Finance Officer in ensuring that timely and accurate payments are made.
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance to SP, USAID, and Other donor policies and procedure.
· Coordinate with program teams for advance issuance and their timely clearance of the advances (FER) & Trainings documentation.
· Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, cross-checking attendance sheets and verifying payments made to casuals and volunteers.
· Posting all vouchers into transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the Finance Officer. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
· Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis. Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs. Carry out cash count as per the SP policy and schedule. Document the cash count sheets for records.
· Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
· Assist Finance officer in monthly bank account reconciliation.
· Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed and tagged.
· ‘Paid’ stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
· Ensure timely preparation of tax & deposit into bank.
· Visit Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents.
· Photocopies and scanning of all necessary documents/Instrument.
· Perform any other task assign by the line manager/Immediate supervisor
· With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
Education / Experience Needed
· BA Accounting, Finance or related field of study
· Two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experienced working with NGOs will be an added advantage
•Fluency in English required; Amharic and Tigirigna preferred.
· High level of attention to detail, good organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
· Ability to prioritize own workload, work independently and work to deadlines.
· Good interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
· Good coaching and training skills and ability to develop others.
· Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
· Willingness to travel at short notice and often in difficult circumstances.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
· May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
· Work in a security context that is fluid
The employee is required to carry out his/her duties in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse Safeguarding policy and Code of conduct.
Employee should remain alert and responsive to any child and adult safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills, which will enable him/her to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child and adult safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct his/herself in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding Policy.
Samaritan Purse will not facilitate relocation cost
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for Latest Opportunitie
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article
NB: Whenever you are looking for a job in Ethiopia, just remember tikusjobs.com. We hope that tikusjobs.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
How To Apply:
interested applicants can send only updated CV and application letter to
no later than March 21,2023. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ”Finance Assistant “
Job Category:Accounting and Finance
For more jobs,please click here