Level 3: Level 3: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore, a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator is to maintain proper records in compliance with the financial policies and procedures of Save the Children International. The position holder prepares accurate and timely financial summaries and reports and control bank account balances and cash holding to optimal balance. S/he is responsible to review the accounting records, transactions, Employee Benefit Package, & Government taxation.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Field Office & Dotted Line management to Area Finance Manager East.
Staff reporting to this post: Finance Officer(s)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Reviews, verifies and ensures that financial documents are in accordance with Save the Children International financial policies and procedures for payment.
Prepare the necessary accounting/adjustment journal entries when required;
Ensure that all project expenditures are made within available budget, after proper approval and appropriate coding and posting of data to Agresso system with in the month.
Provide necessary inputs for cash forecast consolidation and budget planning to be reviewed and consolidated by Senior Finance Coordinator for CO submission.
Maintain an adequate cash flow to ensure that there is sufficient cash to cover project activities and plans.
Support the delegated Budget Holder in confirming availability of funds for all requests for payment or charges to awards.
Provide monthly internal financial reports to BH on actual v budget spend and analysis of grant financial performance – Awards & Finance.
Prepare salary mapping monthly/quarterly and disseminate to all support staff for their use and follow up the utilization every month.
Ensure that all taxes collected from Filed Offices staff, and vendors are summarized & paid to the tax authority monthly; within the time frame set by the authority.
Reconcile payroll register manual versus Agresso record every month.
Make sure all collections deposited into bank and all deposits booked into system are cleared before the month close.
Ensure Program and Staff advances are regularly monitored and maintained at a minimum level.
Make GLACOS upload/post after a detailed review of financial documents.
Prepare adjusting entries for reclassification of the transaction from one SOF to another or correction of wrong account lines and DEAs.
Ensure Complete Financial documents are complete, scanned and archive on or before 15th of the following month after Hard Close.
Provide information and support to donor and annual external/internal audits as required.
Makes sure purchasing procedures are respected, and that expenditures and purchase requisitions made are correctly coded with account codes, funding source and Program codes
Make sure all procurement payments more than $100 be paid through ProSave and have all relevant documents uploaded in the system.
Ensure all ProSave payments processed and post on time.
Ensure that project assets and stocks are tracked on a regular basis.
Accomplishes other related tasks and duties that would be assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary capacity to improve performance and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself (and their team).
• Takes responsibility for his/her own personal actions and encourages others to do the same.
• Widely shares his/her personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future-orientated, thinks strategically.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risk
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
· BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
· Excellent proven knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Familiarity in using Accounting Software’s: Agresso system is preferable.
· Experience in staff management is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
Strong accounting and analytical skill
Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
Fluency in written and spoken English;
Commitment to Save the Children values
Teams, in the event of emergencies
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for Latest Opportunitie
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article
NB: Whenever you are looking for a job in Ethiopia, just remember tikusjobs.com. We hope that tikusjobs.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
How To Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Use the below link to apply :
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Job Category:Accounting and Finance
For more jobs,please click here