Level 3: Level 3: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore, a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
ROLE PURPOSE: The purpose of the Finance Coordinator is to maintain proper records in compliance with the financial policies and procedures of Save the Children International. The position holder prepares accurate and timely financial summaries and reports and controls bank account balances and cash holding to optimal balance. S/he is responsible for reviewing the accounting records, transactions, Employee Benefits Package, and government taxation.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Operations Manager & Dotted Line management to Area Finance Manager East.
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 9 regions in Ethiopia with a current staff complement of approximately 1,800 staff and Warrants expenditure of approximately $90+ million each year.
Staff Directly Reporting to this Post: Finance Officer(s)
Job-specific roles and responsibilities
- Reviews, verifies and ensures that financial documents are in accordance with Save the Children International financial policies and procedures for payment.
- Prepare the necessary accounting/adjustment journal entries when required;
- Ensure that all project expenditures are made within the available budget, after proper approval and appropriate coding and posting of data to the Agresso system within the month.
- Provide necessary inputs for cash forecast consolidation and budget planning to be reviewed and consolidated by the Senior Finance Coordinator for CO submission.
- Maintain an adequate cash flow to ensure that there is sufficient cash to cover project activities and plans.
- Support the delegated Budget Holder in confirming the availability of funds for all requests for payment or charges to awards.
- Provide monthly internal financial reports to BH on actual v budget spend and analysis of grant financial performance – Awards & Finance.
- Prepare salary mapping monthly/quarterly and disseminate to all support staff for their use and follow up the utilization every month.
- Ensure that all taxes collected from Filed Offices staff, and vendors are summarized & paid to the tax authority monthly; within the time frame set by the authority.
- Reconcile payroll register manual versus Agresso record every month.
- Make sure all collections deposited into the bank and all deposits booked into the system are cleared before the month’s close.
- Ensure Program and Staff advances are regularly monitored and maintained at a minimum level.
- Make GLACOS upload/post after a detailed review of financial documents.
- Prepare adjusting entries for reclassification of the transaction from one SOF to another or correction of wrong account lines and DEAs.
- Ensure Complete Financial documents are complete, scanned and archived on or before the 15th of the following month after Hard Close.
- Provide information and support to donors and annual external/internal audits as required.
- Makes sure purchasing procedures are respected, and that expenditures and purchase requisitions made are correctly coded with account codes, funding source and Program codes
- Make sure all procurement payments of more than $100 be paid through ProSave and have all relevant documents uploaded in the system.
- Ensure all ProSave payments are processed and posted on time.
- Ensure that project assets and stocks are tracked on a regular basis.
- Accomplishes other related tasks and duties that would be assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving and role modeling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary capacity to improve performance, and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), take responsibility for their own personal development and encourage others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent proven knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity in using Accounting Software: The Agresso system is preferable.
- Experience in staff management is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong accounting and analytical skill
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Teams, in the event of emergencies
Scope & complexity of decision making (choose the appropriate description and delete the rest)
- Able to work in line with strict adherence of specific policies and supervisor’s orders.
- Expected to make decisions on well-established procedures, under close supervision
- Able to make decisions using creativity and some independent judgment within the realm of the current scope of work; Decisions typically made in order to resolve and adapt current solutions or introduce new procedures and practice
Date of issue: 26th June 2023 Author: Hassan Barud
I, _____________________________________ certify that I have read and understood this job description and I pledge to respect it along with the SC’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, the Staff Regulations, and the terms and conditions of the contract I signed.
How to Apply
Please apply using a cover letter and an up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Nov 16, 2023