Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office
Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office
Follow up the filing arrangement and labeling all documents properly and putting on “PAID” stamp .
Follow up the proper scanning of document and uploading prosses in QBE
Prepares statutory obligation and claim reports, like withholding tax, pension, VAT, vendor reports and handles petty cash and other payments.
Keeps tracking sheet for payee’s detail which are non-staff including bank account information and contact address.
Record VAT records in the Jhpiego Official VAT tracking sheet.
Prepare monthly VAT claim report to USAID
Review and properly file advance documents and settlements.
Assist Finance Manager on month end QBE closing.
Review document before posting to QBE and prepare the entry for review
Entering data into QuickBooks daily transactions and Monthly Journal Vouchers with great deal of accuracy.
Assist program staff related with financial issues.
Assist Finance Manager in facilitating internal and external audits.
Follow up and review monthly and recurring office bills settlements including water, electricity, security, car rental, fuel, office rent, etc.
Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and partners.
Maintain other records and registers as required.
Prepare quarterly vendor reports as per the ETH government requirement.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Qualifications:
Degree in Accounting from recognized Institution, &
Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in accounting work preferably in NGO;
Computer literacy and working knowledge of Excel, Ms-Word
Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and Amharic
Knowledge of QBE Enterprise software is a plus
Required Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to handle detail-oriented tasks and be organized
Good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup
Flexible and ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
1. Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
2. Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
3. Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name in PDF format.
4. CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
5. The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
6. Applicants must use this E-mail HREthiopia@jhpiego.org to submit applications and make sure to state the job position title applying for in the subject line.
7. Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is March 20th, 2023.
Date Posted:March 15, 2023
Expiration date:March 20, 2023
Location: Addis Ababa
Job Title:Finance Officer
For more jobs please click here