Title: Gender Based Violence (GBV) Response Officer
Location: Dollo Ado
Employment Category: H2
Reporting To: Protection Team Leader
Posting Date: September 16, 2023,
Required Employee: 1
Salary: USD 540.00 To USD 656.00 Based On You Work Experience And Educational Qualification.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As DRC expands its protection programming in Dollo Ado to include GBV prevention and response services, a dedicated GBV Response Officer will ensure the start-up and implementation of GBV response services. The postholder will support the GBV Team Leader and wider GBV team to ensure a strong understanding of the GBV context and lead the day-to-day implementation of GBV response services. GBV responses services will center on the provision of individual case management. The GBV Response Officer will supervise directly at least three caseworkers, providing thorough support and supervision to ensure the highest quality of service delivery. In addition, the GBV Response Officer will support the GBV Team Leader on key project management tasks, from procurement and work planning to reporting. The GBV response officer is also responsible to develop/strengthen relationships with other agencies – at the field level – in close cooperation with the Protection Manager and GBV Team Leader.
Responsibilities: (In Bullet Points)
· Lead in the implementation of GBV response activities per project(s) documents/donor agreements and ensure adherence to contractual commitments in line with Humanitarian, Protection, and GBV Guiding Principles and other international standards and best practices
· Ensure adherence to workplan, spending, procurement, and monitoring and evaluation plans for relevant activities; when necessary, support the GBV Team Leader to develop or amend aforementioned plans
· Create weekly work plans in coordination with other multi-sector staff to leverage integration and resources
· Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly project management updates, as requested
· Liaise regularly with MEAL, Supply Chain, Finance, and other relevant colleagues to ensure the timely implementation of GBV response activities
Technical Implementation And Support
· Responsible for the supervision, training, and implementation of case management services and staff
· Engage in regular case reviews and case conferences, as relevant, and assist caseworkers to provide innovative support
· Liaise with relevant service providers, including other DRC sectors, to ensure updated service mappings and strong referral pathways
· Develop and lead peer-to-peer support sessions for caseworkers on a regular basis
· Develop information, education, and communication materials, as relevant
· Develop and facilitate trainings, workshops, and refresher sessions on key GBV response services for DRC and other humanitarian staff, local authorities, community leaders, and other stakeholders in coordination with the GBV Manager, GBV Prevention Officer, and Protection Manager, Ethiopia
· Promote improved understanding of core GBV concepts and GBV mainstreaming among relevant stakeholders
· Work closely with the DRC GBV Prevention team, Protection team, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure a coordinated and strategic approach to GBV prevention and response
Reporting And Accountability
· Lead on the regular collection, storage, updating of information management systems, and analysis of activity data in adherence with Protection Information Management Principles
· Provide timely qualitative and quantitative inputs for internal updates, as well as contractual and ad hoc donor requests
· Coordinate with MEAL colleagues to ensure appropriate feedback mechanisms are in place and accessible to all community members
· Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements, as well as DRC policies and procedures
· Ensure regular updating of internal service mappings and referral pathways by caseworkers in each location
· Participate in internal and external coordination meetings, as relevant and in coordination with the GBV Manager
· Contribute regularly to service mappings and other coordination documents (e.g., 5Ws)
· Other duties relevant to the position as assigned by the direct supervisor or Protection Manager, Ethiopia
All DRC Roles Require The Post-Holder To Master
DRC’s Core Competencies:
· Striving For Excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking The Lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating Integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience And Technical Competencies: (Include Years Of Experience)
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. psychology, social work, social or gender studies)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a humanitarian organization, ideally in GBV response services
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English
- Experience with emergency response, displacement, and conflict and/or drought-affected populations
- Strong knowledge of humanitarian, protection, and GBV principles and standards, as well as organizational policies
- Strong protection analysis and reporting skills
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with people management and the creation of a collaborative working environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to accountability and quality programming
- Ability to work well under pressure in adverse, insecure and/or remote conditions with diverse multi-sector staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
EDUCATION: (Include Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
· University degree in social work, social science, law, or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
· Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English, Amharic, And Somali
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online application form on This LINK under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than September 30, 2023.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult Www.Drc.Ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Sep 30