Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant position the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
The German Red Cross Supported projects coordinator is responsible for the overall project management which includes planning, budgeting, implementation, provision of technical support, monitoring and evaluation, timely and quality reporting as per the schedule and provided formats and standards. The Project Coordinator is responsible for ensuring quality, coordinated, implementation of the German Red Cross funded projects in Ethiopia with an emphasis on quality programming, ensuring project compliance with donor regulations, implementation of M&E plan, reporting tracking indicators and accountability and learning including capacity building of field project staff in quality data collection. The coordinator will be responsible for ensuring smooth coordination of GRC funded activities with the ERCS branches, ERCS HQ and GRC delegates. The Project Coordinator responsibilities also include liaison with diverse stakeholders including technical units, government partners, and international and local NGOs.
The Project Coordinators will actively work with the DRRD and PMER Department HQ level to get an approval and ensure alignment and minimum standards in the planning, monitoring and implementation of the project. The Project Coordinator at the HQ level also provides technical support to the project Coordinators/officers based in the field in consultation with the department and some key program staff.
Besides to the above-mentioned projects, the project coordinator also supports the Disaster Risk Reduction department in proposal writing, Assessment and planning when in need of by the department.
Key role and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsible for the coordination with ERCS HQ, ERCS branches and GRC on implementation of German Red Cross funded projects in Ethiopia.
- Ensure that all documents (plans, ToRs, reports) are submitted to DRR department and German Red Cross focal person for review and input.
- Support in the planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for the smooth and effective implementation of the project.
- Ensure proper adherence to the project objectives and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each phase.
- Developing project monitoring and evaluation tools such as M&E plans, tracking on indictors, Post Distributions monitoring and
- Ensuring the lessons learnt are incorporated in the projects.
- Capacity building of staff and volunteers on Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead in the data collection and analysis and reporting on findings and recommendations.
- Assess project risks and issues timely and provide solutions where applicable.
- Closely follow and comply with the minimum requirements, deadlines, forms of donor require, and actions required for successfully implementation.
- Ensure stakeholder views, complaints are well collected, analysed, and acted up on timely in consultation with the ERCS DRRD and GRC Delegate.
- Adhere to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
Coordination and Planning
- Coordinate German Red Cross funded projects activities (WASH, Shelter, Cash Assistance, Emergency Response and other development projects) with relevant departments at ERCS HQ, branch level and with GRC delegate.
- Support the project staff in the preparation of monthly and weekly implementation plan, project schedules, get the approval of the DRR department and project delegate.
- Ensure that the implementing branches and the branch level project coordinator fully understood the activities and are in equal pace with the plan of action at the national level.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Actively participate in the weekly RCRC movement coordination
- Support in the development of project proposals.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
- Develop and implement Monitoring, and Evaluation Plans based on the project proposal, and log frame.
- Develop and the implement the Community Engagement Approach for the project as per the RCRC movement guidelines.
- Develop and implement project activity tracking tool and regularly update the tools.
- Leading the field monitoring activities including field data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Ensure that the findings and the recommendation of the monitoring and evaluations exercise are incorporated in the project for improving programming.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure procurements and distributions are done as per the procedure – according to ERCS and donor compliance and all supporting documents are in place.
- Coordinate with project staff and ensure that quality progress reports are submitted timely – monthly, activity and quarterly narrative reports.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting periodic narrative reports on quarterly basis based on the donor’s format and with all the supporting documents to the GRC delegate for a review and then submit a revised version before the deadlines-
- Support in developing and implementing progress report templates.
Networking, capacity assessment and documentation
- Undertake capacity assessment and baselines.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Establish, participate, and record all project team meetings for each activity and initiative undertaken by branch.
- Maintain and ensure stakeholders participation in all phases of the project.
- Ensure proper documentation of the project implementation process and achievements.
- Capacity building of staff and volunteers on PMER and data collection
Work Unit: Disaster Risk Management Department
Reporting to: DRM Department head
Terms of employment: Contract for one year with a possibility extension based on satisfactory performance.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Number required: 1
Educational Qualification required:
- MSC/BSC degree in Disaster Risk Management/ Disaster Risk Management and Sustainable Development/Development Studies/Project Management/Agricultural Economics/Natural Resource Management/ Climate Change and Development.
Work Experience required:
- 8/10 years of relevant work experience in second-degree and first-degree degrees respectively in relevant areas. Proven project management and coordination skills and experience are considered an advantage. With at least 2 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience in actively working and coordinating with external stakeholders (government, rural communities, other NGOs)
- Experience working with an NGO, particularly with internationally funded projects will be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian situation in Ethiopia and key procedures to operate in such context such as the Sphere Standards, the core humanitarian standards, the good enough guide, etc.
- Good skills in context scanning and strategic thinking.
- Exceptional coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Very good written and spoken English Skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, (Kobo skill is an asset)
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- A good team player.
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form with the indicated link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/IyUTlyf1 before the closing date of this announcement on October 18, 2023.
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article