Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Responsible for overall planning, implementation and M&E of emergency health activities in the assigned woreda
- Provide basic health services including community IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per the implementation guidelines
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products for the team and the selected health facilities
- Facilitate training, work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health centre and hospital, and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of EPI, health education and consultations through using Health standards.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy and submit to Woreda Project officers.
- Mentoring and assisting HW in the decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to a nearby hospital
- Work on any tasks assigned by the line manager and the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health/Nursing with a minimum of three years relevant experience.
- Certificates on EDks management, PHEM, MHPSS, and IPC are an asset
Skills and experience
- Previous work experience of at least 3 years in risk identification, outbreak detection, PHEM, OPD consultation, ICCM/IMNCI, maternal health, and supply chain management areas.
- Solid technical skill in case management of childhood and adult illness, safe motherhood
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
- Patience, good relations with other people, good capacity to work in a team, capacity to manage priorities, precision, capacity to share knowledge and train colleagues, knowing the local language; willingness to work under pressure and extra hours.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Amharic and local languages and strong interpersonal skills are needed
- willing to serve in very difficult conditions
- Perform other duties as required.
Interested applicants should follow the below application link to apply
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Dec 1, 2023