Call For Applications
|Human Resource Intern|
Number of positions:
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
Type of Appointment:
|SST, Three months|
Estimated Start Date:
|As soon as possible|
|20 September 2023|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting huma0ne and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the overall supervision of the Human Resource Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Human Resource Assistant in the Ethiopia, Country Office Addis Ababa, the HR Intern will be responsible for providing relevant support to the human resources management unit in the IOM office. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Maintain orderly personnel files of staff, instructions, and other documents in the Human Resources Unit (electronic and/or hard copies).
· Receive, proofread, check and label personnel/administrative documents and take actions accordingly.
· Review the personal files/ archive structure, update the master file records and provide assistance with administrative services such as, document retrieval, inventory, etc.
· Create and arrange new staff personal file and check accuracy of filed documents according to the check list.
· Ensure up-to-date databases and systems.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· BA degree (fresh graduate within one year of graduation) in Human Resources Management/Business Management, Management, Administration or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training
· Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation.
· Fresh graduate (within one year of graduation)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
· Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
· Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient, and willing to learn new things.
· Good communication skills, drive for results, flexibility, efficiency, respect for diversity
· Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
· Knowledge of work routines, cultures, and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills
· Computer literate.
· Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English
· Knowledge of other local languages is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and a work permit, as applicable.
o CV (written in English) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified female applicants to apply.
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article