Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 3 months (extension subject to performance and availability of funds)
Job Posting : Sep 14, 2023, 10:16:44 AM
Closing Date : Sep 29, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location : Ethiopia
Organization : AF_ETH Ethiopia
Schedule : Full-time
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Duty Station : Addias Ababa
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
WHO Ethiopia supports Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH)/Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) efforts to strengthen the capacity to establish the minimum IHR core capacities. In this regard, the capacity of public health emergency management system of EPHI and Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs) will be built for early detection, confirmation and response to Public Health and Nutrition Emergencies and events of national or international concern. WHO is planning to recruitment and develop roster list of surge teams to be trained before deployment. The deployment will be demand based supporting the national or regional Rapid Response Teams (RRTs).
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
In the context of the WHO Health Emergencies incident management system, the incumbent will systematically track the evolution of the incident, as well as the response, within the defined strategy. This involves defining the indicators and source(s) of information, gathering and interpretation of related data to ensure that the response is on track, analyse implementation gaps and recommend solutions, advocate the application of the results chain and promotion of best practices.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Supervised by the Regional Coordinator and under the overall guidance of the Incident Manager and Head of the WHO Country Office and working closely with regional counterparts, the incumbent will act as a Nutrition Officer at the region level. S/he will manage the Nutrition component of the incident management system, assessment, support the revision and update of the Nutrition measures and practices, and provide technical guidance to RHB and partners. S/he will establish and maintain good collaboration with partners, and synergize with the WHO staff, liaise with other units/teams within the regional office, across the organization and partners for facilitating the development of a detailed work plan and budget for WHO operations.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the approved activities and to ensure alignment of purpose between national and the regional office on matters related to Nutrition. S/he will also be responsible for reporting, performance assessment and evaluation of the planned activities, for monitoring the availability and flow of financial resources and ensure proper communication with partners and as appropriate.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Hub Coordinator and the overall guidance of the WR, the
- Manage the emergency databases (cases and contacts, humanitarian caseload) including content, structure, file location, backup system.
- Collect, collate, manage, and analyze data from all partners; aggregate the relevant health related information such as mortality and morbidity, location of hospitals, primary health care units, other health care facilities, etc. and transform it into informative presentations, narrative text, maps, and graphics to enable strategic planning and decision-making.
- Produce information products enhanced with data visualization such as Info graphs GIS, Charts and Graphs including monthly Operational Presence and MHNTs maps.
- Aggregate and maintain information from technical teams, Regional Hubs and partners including contact lists, event specific information (what, where, who, how many, how quickly, status), health indicator data, health situation data, health response data, etc.
- Develop tools to harmonize data collection and processes across WCO and Regional Hubs to facilitate consolidation of information. Respond to specific information requests from the technical teams and partners, ensure dissemination of information and knowledge sharing with all partners.
- Organize and manage the data input, analysis, and presentation of information by the Regional Hubs to the RHBs.
- Collect, compile, and analyze data from partners, prepare and submit reports on regular basis to inform WR on the progress of Regional Hubs Operations and contribute to the RPM tool of OCHA every month.
- Provide technical expertise during inter-agency initiatives and for backstopping the RHB, related to information and data management, seeking to improve capacity and information sharing between institutions, to strengthen access to information from other organizations and clusters, and to contribute to intersectoral dashboards and reports.
- Verify data quality (completeness, timeliness), identify gaps in health information management, recommend corrective actions and prepare relevant documents to include in project proposals, internal and external situation reports (SitReps), bulletins, health risk assessments, health needs overviews (HNO), and strategic response plans (SRP), etc.
- Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes.
- Participate in any other activity that may be required in connection with the incident data management and perform any other incident-specific related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
During deployment, the duty station may change, and duties may be modified, based upon the technical needs of the Programme.
A first-level university degree in information management, information systems, data science, statistics, GIS, Public health, or related field. in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the first-level university degree.
Specialized training in either Information management, Computer Science / analytical software application packages, planning or Monitoring and Evaluation
Ability to work harmoniously as a member of WHE team, experience in the areas of emergency health and nutrition investigation/assessment and response
Computer skills including statistical packages used for data management and analysis
- At least two years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience in the relevant fields mentioned under Education requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of current GIS software (ArcGIS, Google Earth, QGIS)
- Knowledge of Power BI, Adobe Illustrator, Mobile Data collection tools
- Experience working in WHO, the UN and/or international organization, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations, Civil Society or Private health sectors including at the regional/country level.
- Knowledge of database development is desirable
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Proven skills in the field of statistical data collection, assessment, analysis, and monitoring in a public health context. Advance ability to design, manage, analyze, and coordinate complex information system projects, computer-based applications and databases, web-based tools.
- Knowledge of the use of information management in humanitarian response; ability to analyze and articulate the information management requirements of complex situations requiring a coordinated response between disparate actors.
- demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to use sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks; ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment (e.g. civil strife, natural disasters).
- Ability to prepare high quality presentations to update internal and external teams including donors.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of GIS.
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable application letter, CV, academic credentials, and other supporting documents before the deadline to the following address.
Via Online: https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2308371
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Sep 29, 2023