Main job purpose
As a member of the Supply Chain Finance team, responsible for ensuring the reliability and accuracy of all financial and non-financial information on stocks (Raw Material, Packaging Material and finished Goods) in the entire process. Proactively identify all costs, issues and risks involving stocks and inform on its impact on business results.
- Finance Business Partners
- Supply chain team
- Ensure correct accounting and valuation for Finished Goods, Raw & Pack Stocks both at Unilever and at approved 3rd parties and Engineering spares in line with the accounting policy and the International Accounting Standards
- Correct provisioning for Slow moving and obsolete stocks per the stocks policy
- Partnering with the business (Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales teams etc) on initiatives to run down SLOBS.
- Monitor and ensure effectiveness of Stocks and Engineering spares controls including continuous review of processes and policy to maintain a sound control environment around stocks
- Material Usage review of factories and ensure sign off
- Organize and coordinate the monthly and quarterly stock take for Finished Goods, Raw & Pack and Engineering spares (yearly) including ensuring that there are resources for the count and that all locations have been counted and signed off and following up on any issues raised during the count
- Provide advice to supply chain teams for exceptions to process/policy or introduction of new processes
- Monthly stocks forecasting with planners for working capital reporting.
- Embed controls relating to make to deliver- Stocks and update EGRC controls tool
- Support COGS tax reconciliation by:
- Ensure respective SC departments have documents for all GRNed purchases in the month(documents listed below)
- Prepare a cost buildup sheet based on the actual purchase documents for each imported purchase(see below)
- Do a reconciliation between the stock GL value and quantity Vs the invoice posting Vs the prepared purchase value and quantity and identify the real cause of the difference.
- Prepare inventory movement for each month (FG, RM, PM and Sparepart). Prepare FG reconciliation between the inventory movement quantity with the sales quantity for the month.
- Prepare a COGS reconciliation for each month and annually and explain the root cause of the difference.
Key Competencies (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skill)
- University graduate in Finance/Accounting or a related field of study
- Professional qualification in accounting e.g. ACCA, CIA, CIMA, CPA etc
- MA in Finance/Business an added advantage
- Minimum 2-3 years in Finance in a busy organization
- SAP experience
- Resilience (ability to cope with time pressure and challenges)
- The high degree of flexibility and ability to quickly understand new topics
- Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders
- Strong engagement, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner
- Strong analytical skills, Excel modeling skills and attention to detail
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever, we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Dec 2, 2023