The World Bank Ethiopia Country Office is hiring up to three (3) short-term consultants to support energy sector engagement in Ethiopia. The positions are based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and open to Ethiopian nationals.
The World Bank on-going energy portfolio and pipeline of projects in Ethiopia include support for power sector reforms; investment projects on power transmission, distribution, and grid electrification; solar mini grids & standalone solar systems for households and communities; clean cooking and improved cookstoves; and interconnection with neighboring countries as part of the efforts to bring Ethiopia connected to the regional electricity network. Moreover, the bank provides technical assistance and capacity building of sector institutions. As a member of the Ethiopia energy team, the selected consultants are expected to work as part of the energy team in design and implementation of the on-going and future World Bank support in energy in Ethiopia and neighboring countries as needed.
Duties & Accountabilities
- As part of the Ethiopia energy team, the main responsibility of the candidates will be to support the ongoing sector dialogue, implementation of the investment lending operations, preparation of pipeline, as well as analytical work in Ethiopia’s energy sector. The candidates might also be required to provide support to other countries and regional teams in East Africa.
- The responsibilities of the selected candidates will include:
- Participate in the design, preparation and implementation of lending operations including the cross-cutting aspects such as gender, environmental and social safeguards, procurement, climate change, and citizen engagement etc.
- Support the design, preparation and implementation of sector strategies, studies, analytical work, and advisory activities as appropriate.
- Assist the energy team in task planning, budget planning and management, project monitoring, and internal and external project coordination.
- Support the planning, preparation and execution of missions, including mission announcement, mission schedule, meeting notes, briefings, aide-mémoires, management letters, etc.
- Follow up on agreed actions and thorough engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with and support teams from other sectors of the World Bank and external stakeholders as the Bank engagement calls for.
- Prepare proposals, analysis and other relevant documents to mobilize resources needed to support project preparation and implementation.
- Prepare progress reports for the existing trust funds and monitor and manage trust funds in line with the trust fund administration requirements.
- Prepare and manage a localized database of the projects under execution and being prepared.
Prepare dissemination materials related to project design and preparation, including PowerPoint presentations, briefs and other relevant WB internal and external communication materials
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Oct 7, 2023