VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 11-2023
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent, and reliable market platform and warehousing service through the adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation, and integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to promote motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position: Junior, IT Security
Job Grade: 5
Duty Station: Addis Ababa/Head Office
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Job Purpose: – The purpose of this job is to increase the productivity of the exchange by Assisting in setting a secure design standard for infrastructure, analyzing and assessing potential security risks, developing plans to deal with such incidents by putting measures in place such as firewalls, Intrusion Preventions and encryption, monitoring and auditing systems for abnormal activity, and executing corrective actions.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the development of draft annual plan of the division cascaded from the corporate strategic plan and develops individual annual performance plan
· Actively participates in the development and revision of policy, procedure, guidelines and standards of the Division
· Monitors the different security tools such as Firewall, IPS, Web Filter , Anti Spam and Antivirus licenses & repairing the IP and preforming data center segmentation to maintain IT security ,
· Participates in regular IT security audit & risk assessment on ECX and Partner Networks and systems based on the ECX ITsec. policy & ISO 27001 and deliver reports
· Proactively Maintains and proposes amendments (when necessary) to the IT security policy, standards & guideline to support secure design, deploy, monitoring, and disposal of information systems and infrastructures.
· Properly responds to security incidents and requests to troubleshoot security issues.
· Works with other IT staff in securing the organization and coordinate with the corporate Security Incident Handling Response Team (SIHRT) for security incidents (violation, breaches, attacks, system down…etc.), perform forensic analysis and submit the report
· Participates in project Planning, requirement analysis and provide security inputs for the project
· Assists in System Security Acceptance tasks for purchased equipment and software
· Helps ECX comply with the National & International IT security standards
· Performs Periodic security maintenance, patching and over haul
· Produces periodic reports
· Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/ related fields
· Not Required
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 26, 2023.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted