Position: Junior Researcher
Place of work: Armauer Hansen Research Institute.
Term of employment: One year contract with possible extension
Reports to: Vaccines, Diagnostics and Medical Devices R&D Directorate
House Allowance: 2,500.00
Mobile & Internet fee: 500.00
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical, Research studies, Vaccine, and Traditional Medicine research institute that works in developing tools for research studies, Vaccine, prevention, control, and treatment of neglected tropical diseases and other diseases of public health importance through applied, basic biomedical research, research studies, and training
Role and responsibility:
· Takes the responsibility to keep chemicals and materials used for research in an organized manner.
· Prepares materials for laboratory use (reagents, media…) in cooperation with the responsible team lead;
· Prepares documents and other materials needed for the work to collect information from the laboratory and field based on the support and monitoring.
· Explores, compiles, and stores relevant scientific reference texts in the field of study and assigned research work, compiles and reports when requested by the supervisor, and uses it.
· Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development trainings, and attending training and/or courses required by the senior researchers.
· BSc degree in Biotechnology, Chemical engineering, Biology, Pharmacy, Chemistry
· 0 years of experience GPA for Female 2.75 or Male 3.00
Skill and ability:
· Team work and ability to build social network
· Humble and open to criticism
· Hard worker
· Having clear goals, well organized and have a good research plan
Required number: Two (2)
● Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements should send the following through THIS LINK
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article