| Vacancy No.:|| IOM-VN/0110/23|
| Position Title:|| National Project Support Officer – CVAC|
| Position Grade:|| NO-A|
| Duty Station:|| Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
| Type of Appointment:|| OYFT, One year contract with the possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:|| As soon as possible|
|Closing Date:|| 05.12.2023|
|Within the Department of Migration Management (DMM), the Immigration and Border Management (IBM) Division’s Immigration and Visas (IV) Unit provides at the request of and in agreement with Member States, immigration and visa policy guidance and expertise as well as technical and operational solutions related to immigration, consular and visa-related matters. The work of the unit focusses on|
facilitating safe, regular and orderly migration and mobility, in support of the following: a) the IOM Constitution by providing migration services including processing; b) the IOM Member State (MS) Strategy by providing secure, reliable, flexible and cost-effective services for persons who require international migration assistance; c) the IOM Migration Governance Framework by assisting States to
provide safe and regular access to available migration channels, including implementing well administered visa and entry schemes with limited wait times and reasonable fees; d) the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Goal 10, Target 7 which seeks to facilitate orderly, safe and responsible migration and mobility of people, including through the implementation of planned and well-managed
migration policies; and e) the Global Compact for Migration, Objective 3 which references the need to facilitate accurate information and access to visas, with
pathways that respond to the needs of migrants, and Objective 5 which calls for States to enhance the availability and flexibility of pathways for regular migration.
Under the administrative supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) of IOM in Ethiopia and the programmatic supervision of the IBM IV Strategy & Operations Officer in IOM HQ, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Canadian Visa Application Centre (CVAC) programme globally and promoting compliance with all donor and contractual requirements. The CVAC programme is implemented in partnership with IOM’s private-sector partner, VFS Global.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Provide effective daily support to CVAC programme management for all CVAC activities globally, ensuring efficient and cost-effective service delivery in line with all contractual obligations of the Government of Canada and in line with IOM rules and regulations.
2. Review and evaluate outputs, targets and indicators to ensure that all CVACs are operating to meet contractual service standards and abiding by the standard operating procedures, regularly updating programme management on progress and escalating any issues as appropriate.
3. Monitor and report on compliance with the Global CVAC contract (the contract) and the terms and conditions of IOM’s private sector partnership agreement with VFS Global. Keep up-to-date on and maintain understanding of contract conditions and implement actions to address deficiencies in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
4. Develop and maintain cordial, professional, and effective relations with all key stakeholders, including IRCC, VFS Global, and CVAC vendors, while adhering to all IOM standards.
5. Identify and draft responses to risks, issues and opportunities, and forward to the supervisor for approval/action.
6. Draft regular and ad hoc reports, and prepare briefings, background information, narratives, and statistics as necessary and required for external and internal use.
7. Under the guidance of CVAC programme management, assist in developing and implementing new initiatives to address visa support services for new groups or in new countries.
8. Support the Global CVAC management to provide capacity building to the team leaders in the network, conducting training need analysis and developing ad-hoc material to be shared through the CVAC communication and information channels (SharePoint among others).
9. Provide assistance in drafting regular project reports according to IOM and donor formats whenever required.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s degree in business administration, Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law, Migration Studies, or a related field, or,
· University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience in managing a team;
· Experience in project management; and implementation, including resource/financial management;
· Experience in migrant-related programmes OR visa-related services;
· Experience in customer service; and knowledge of the Ethiopian context
· Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and national and international institutions.
· Proven success working in complex multi-stakeholder environments, requiring decision-making skills under tight deadlines;
· Demonstrated ability to present a significant amount of information from various sources in a concise way; and,
· Strong supervisory, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Proven ability to work harmoniously with other colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
· Strong computer skills, specifically hands-on experience in usage of MS Office
· IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and Amharic is required (oral and written).
French and/or Spanish are desirable
Values and Competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and a work permit, as applicable.
Any application without this information in the subject line and that does not fulfil/attach the below-listed documents will be disqualified and excluded from the applications.
Ø Motivation/Application letter indicating the short vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the short vacancy notice.
Ø CV (written in English) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) and Copies of all Academic Certificates from an Accredited University
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article