Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 06. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: N/A
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Passport and Citizenship Assistant.
The work schedule for this position is: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
- Under the supervision of the Supervisory ACS Assistant and American Citizen Services Chief, this position assists with the Citizenship and Special Consular Services workloads. The incumbent performs the full range of routine American Citizen Services: passport cases, consular reports of birth abroad and notarial services, as well as emergency consular services including deaths, arrests, hospitalizations, repatriations, distressed Americans, and child custody.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2 (two) years of progressively responsible experience in work involving the application of relatively complex regulatory material along with extensive public contact is required.
Education: Completion of 2 (two) years of college/university studies is required.
- Level 4 (Fluent) speaking, reading and writing, including the ability to translate English, is required. (This may be tested)
- Level 4 (Fluent) speaking, reading and writing, including the ability to translate in one of the following languages: Amharic, Afaan Oromo, Nuer, Anuak, Tigrignya or Somali is required. (These may be tested)
Pre-hire Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to manage a heavy workload are required. Must possess strong listening and comprehension skills to capture interview details, and exhibit resourcefulness, creativity and objectivity. Good computer literacy (MS Office at the intermediate level – Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook). These may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on the letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date, and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
How to Apply
To apply for this position click the below apply button and click the “Apply to this Vacancy” button on the incoming page.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested completion of high school education as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide the requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (or equivalent) (If applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If applicable)
- Passport copy (If applicable)
- Verification of Completion of 2 (two) years of college/university (Required)
- Work Experience (Required)
- Certificate or License (Optional)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Next Steps: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Oct 6, 2023