- Strategic Partner for the Grants & Emergency Operations Leadership Team client group:
- Work as first level consultant for Grant & Emergency operation leaders to identify strategic people needs.
- Acts as a thought partner for Grant & emergency response leaders to improve people-related priorities in the business unit.
- Assist leaders with strategic planning and forecasting needs regarding people.
- Provide assistance and guidance to leaders and on the full range of P&C activities associated with the rhythm of P&C business such as:
1. Job Analysis and Grading
2. Talent Acquisition
3. Onboarding & Orientation
5. Employee Development initiatives
7. Rewards and recognition programs
8. Contract management (renewals/changes)
10. Terminations and Exits
- Act as an initial point of contact and intermediary for emergency response leaders in assigned business units.
- Coach leaders on HR and people management practice.
- Maintain current understanding of the client’s department, strategy, people-related issues by becoming valuable member of client’s leadership team.
- Collaborate with Emergency Grant acquisition & Management team participating in strategic and tactical planning sessions in support of the hiring managers and WVE People and Culture Division, coordinate and drive staff recruitment processes, including, job advertisement, short-listing candidates, scheduling written tests and interviews, and follow-up on reference checks.
- Support new staff through the onboarding process, ensuring that they have been fully oriented on WVE policies.
- Lead the orientation process for new staff and ensure P&C core documents are signed and accurately filed (i.e., Police Background checks, Disclosure form/Conflict of interest, Child protection, Employee Code of conduct, Core values);
Employee Champion acting as a single point of contact and intermediary for employees, Emergency operations team leaders and managers in assigned business units.
1. Directing employees to P&C Helpdesk and P&C Generalist Services in Operations Effectiveness Unit as appropriate. Handling employee issues that are escalated from the P&C Help Desk.
2. Provides guidance, counselling, and training to executives on employee relations issues.
3. Assist leaders and managers with issues related in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, and other HR topics.
Prepares job announcement notice based on the job descriptions and candidate profile proposed by the hiring department and disseminate information of job opportunities through appropriate media.
- Follows up probationers, employment contract expiry dates and acting periods and remind line managers for prompt action.
Leadership and Coaching:
1. Closely follow up and prepare reports on HR /Matrices and other method as appropriate.
2. work with emergency response and grants BPs under Emergency operations understand P &C Policies, Processes, and Systems
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- BA in Management, Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field. Preferred: MBA, MPM or MPA in Public Admin.
- Professional membership of relevant HR body
- Experience in Workday or similar human resources information system
- HEAT (hostile environment awareness training) and SRMT (security risk management training) or a UN equivalent
- Enterprise Risk Management Training
- Certification in trauma counselling or certain basic training in this area
- Adult Safeguarding Training
- Understanding/Training in local labor law
Required Professional Experience:
- 7 years of experience in HR Business Partnering or related specialist role.
- INGO experience working in field operations and hardship locations.
- Strong consultation skills and experience influencing and interacting with senior leaders.
- Outstanding people and client relationship skills.
- Proficient in coaching, mediating, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, analysis, and problem solving.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management practices and employment related legislation.
- Demonstrated HR experience in a multi-business & multi-cultural unit environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Able to communicate complex ideas and business concepts in accessible terms.
- Able to exercise excellent professional judgment.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Leadership certificate in Human Resources, Management or its equivalent is added advantage.
- Relevant experience in human resources and related activities at supervisor level is an added advantage.
- Must have problem solving skills and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of internal policies, labor legislation, HR laws.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in highly demanding situations.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- A committed Christian who can provide Christian leadership.
- Proper knowledge of certain aspects of the partnership office.
- USAID + other grants project work experience
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- Travel to filed up to 50%
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article