Under direction, the Program and Policy Officer is responsible for supporting the Embassy’s management of Australia’s relationships with countries of accreditation, as well as reporting on pan-African issues and priorities including humanitarian, agriculture, , trade, development and peace and security. The Officer will also support the management of the Embassy’s small grants program.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Research and report on political, security, humanitarian and economic affairs in countries of accreditation, particularly South Sudan, including preparing media summaries.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong working relationships with a range of key internal and external stakeholders to support Australia’s relationships with humanitarian and development partners and report on key economic, development, humanitarian and political issues arising.
- Represent and promote the interests of Australian at a range of forums, events and meetings and provide advice on Australian participation, operational and policy issues.
- Manage the Embassy’s small grants program (DAP), including all financial records, arranging payments, and the design and implementation of the program and selected projects.
- Assist with evaluation of the Embassy’s small grant projects, including field visits in countries of accreditation as required.
- Support the management of the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP) under the direction of the relevant A-based officer.
- Contribute to communication materials, social media content, and events aimed at raising awareness of Australia’s assistance and other activities in countries and organisations of accreditation.
- Manage financial and other document storage, in line with departmental guidelines and requirements.
- Prepare briefings, and assist with visitor programs, events, and other projects.
- Perform other duties and back-up as required.
|Agency|| Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade|
| Position number(s)|| 20369|
| Title|| Program and Policy Officer|
| Classification|| LE4|
| Section|| Policy Section|
| Reports to (title)|| Second Secretary (Policy)|
| Salary||ETB 39,512 per calendar month + medical insurance program|
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent knowledge/expertise in relevant discipline such as international relations, international development, or political science.
- Excellent written and communications skills in English. French, Amharic and other Ethiopian language skills desirable.
- Strong program management skills, including financial and records management.
- Well-developed interpersonal and networking skills, including flexibility and adaptability.
- Proven organisational and project coordination skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate effectively within a team and across teams.
- Strong IT skills, including an understanding of social media and other communication platforms
How To Apply
Applicants should read the Position Description and complete the application pack at the link below. The application is your opportunity to tell the selection panel why you want to work in this role at the Embassy, what you can offer the Embassy and how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications are applicable to the role.
Do NOT attach additional documents to your application email. If you do so, your application will NOT be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
To apply, please submit the Application Form to Recruitment-AddisAbaba@dfat.gov.au
The Australian Government is a competitive and equal-opportunity employer.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Dec 10, 2023