BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent is responsible for preparation of reports, office memos, correspondences, purchase request, analysis, purchase orders, letters, contracts and other documents. Responsible for documentations, maintenance of records management, filing & other related clerical jobs. Contact vendors for quotations and follow up on time deliveries of goods and services and advise the requesting department and the Receiver accordingly. Follow up of open and partial deliveries and Purchase Orders and prepare timely report for both local and foreign purchases. Minimize cost and maximize profit of the hotel in accordance and compliance to Marriott International standards. Answer telephone enquiries from suppliers & customers, attend to visitors and assist Hotel departments with their requests. Print and organize various necessary documents, summarize relevant information, and distribute information to appropriate employees. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company safety programs within assigned area of responsibility, (e.g., food, retail), as well as all local, state, and federal regulations. Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas. Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly. Calculate figures for inventories, orders, and costs. Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs. Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels. Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues and oversee return process. Verify and track received inventory. Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports. Receive, unload, and process deliveries. Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels. Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: In order to be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications. Applicants without the below listed qualifications need not apply as they will not be considered in the competitive pool.
EDUCATION: Degree in Purchasing & Supplies Management or Procurement & Supplies Management is required. In addition, Diploma/Degree from Technical and vocation school or recognized institution is an added advantage. Certificate from Ethiopian Single Window (ESW) project office is mandatory.
EXPERIENCE: Three years proven experience in Purchasing & Supplies for both local and foreign purchases are mandatory. Experience in Material Management, Logistics Operation is an added advantage. Certificate from Ethiopian Single Window (ESW) Project office and experience in handling all foreign purchase processes are mandatory. Working knowledge of Food & Beverage inputs & familiarity with parts of machineries, electrically operating equipment & appliances, building materials and Knowledge of Materials Control (MC) is an asset.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Certificate of computer literacy is desired. Grade 2nd or 3rd driving license or equivalent is mandatory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Excellent knowledge in drafting and managing contracts for both goods and services.
· Excellent knowledge in reading, writing, comprehend & well conversant in English to facilitate effective communication process,
· Good knowledge of sourcing vendor sourcing practices,
· Must have excellent time management capacity,
· Sound negotiation skills,
· Must possess good computer skills in the Microsoft Office Environment,
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and handle multiple assignments,
· Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer,
· Working knowledge of local business environment, including, but not limited to the following statutes and regulations: National Bank of Ethiopia, Ethiopian Shipping and Logistic Enterprise, Ethiopian Customs and other government and non-government offices rules and regulations, V.A.T and T.O.T regulations; Marriott International Purchasing Guidelines; and other related policies and procedures.
Interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements specified above are invited to submit their application, curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant supportive documents in person at Sheraton Addis Employee gate security post OR send it through the e-mail address given below before or on November 27, 2023
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article