Regional Finance Manager
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the mentioned position:
Position: Regional Finance Manager
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 60 working days Probation)
The Regional Finance Manger plays a key role in ensuring effective, efficient and professional operations of the Project Offices finances and ensures that the highest standards of financial record keeping and reporting to be achieved as per FH Ethiopia and Donors requirements and compliance are met. The Regional Finance Manager will work together with the Finance manager for Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) to control and manage financial operation of FH Ethiopia at Regional level and reports to head office (Addis Ababa)
Key Result Area #1- Financial management, annual planning and compliance
1. Ensures sound cash management is maintained both at project offices and regional office
2. Ensure timely transfer of funds to project offices and regional office.
3. Assists the project offices in budget preparations, budget reforecast, monthly cash flow requests, monthly budget variance explanations, etc.
4. Ensure the adherence of internal financial policies and procedures, accounting standards, different donor rules and regulations and applicable government policies at the project offices and regional office
5. Review regional office and project offices payment documents based on DOA.
6. Partake in yearend closing activities and ensure the implementation of yearend procedures both in project offices and regional office in timely manner.
Key Result Area #2 – Financial reporting and analysis
7. Ensures project offices transactions are properly coded and entered into MS Dynamics by weekly basis.
8. Import project offices and Bahir Dar data in MS Dynamics, after ensuring the transactions are backed up with adequate documentation, appropriate coding, arithmetic accuracy and etc.
9. Reconcile stock balance of projects for vehicle spare parts and fuel on monthly basis.
10. Reconcile cash balance with the system generated balance.
11. Follow up and reverse (amortize) pre-payments monthly.
12. Prepare vehicle account clearing journals quarterly
13. Reviews project offices financial documents and reports for any Irregularities,
14. Analyze monthly balance sheet accounts for subsequent follow up and clearing (staff, payable and receivable accounts).
15. Coordinate regional and projects monthly closing activities in according with FH standards and FHE reporting calendar.
16. Prepare monthly liquidation report of Sub-grants and verify hard copy documents quarterly.
Key Result Area #3 – Internal Control and Audit Support
17. Participate in facilitating internal and statutory external audits, liaise with the Country office and other stakeholders in the planning and coordination of audits. Address audit findings and recommendations in coordination with Addis Finance, follow through action plan commitments and share all relevant working documents to the country office finance manager.
18. Ensure that adequate internal controls are in place, closely monitor all financial activities and keep the Country Office Finance Manager advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance of the regional offices and Projects under his/her supervision.
19. Review and strengthen financial control system which is zero tolerance to fraud and effective management of fiduciary risk, ensuring that there is transparency and an audit trail along the financial flows.
20. Monitoring and reporting of all regional office financial management issues to FHE country office.
Key Result Area #4 – Leadership and Staff Management
21. Support subordinates to set goals, provide guidance or direction in execution, periodically evaluate the performance based on the indicators and give timely feedback
22. Provide coaching and mentoring to ensure that staff is motivated, has good relations with colleagues and are held accountable.
23. Identify capacity development needs for staff under supervision, plan and seek the necessary and affordable programs to enhance staff technical capacity
24. Closely work with project finance and admin officers, conduct monitoring visit aiming on job training and organize staff capacity building training.
Job Level Specifications
⮚ Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
⮚ Strong Interpersonal skills,
⮚ Emotional maturity,
⮚ Is interested in the growth and well-being of the staff and Strong people-management and leadership skills
⮚ Proven ability to manage, motivate and mentor staff and create a positive team environment and has team building skills
⮚ Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
⮚ Proficiency in MS Dynamics, MS-Word and MS-Excel and other applications
⮚ Must have good oral and written communication
Ability to work effectively under time-constraints.
Education and Experience
⮚ MA/MBA or BA degree in accounting and Finance, business administration and related field from a recognized and certified institution or university. Having CPA and ACCA has an added value
⮚ A minimum of 6 and 8 years experience for MBA & BA respectively in a similar or senior finance position with an International NGO.
⮚The position supervises regional Senior Finance Officers directly and has a functional relation with Project Finance and Admin Officers
⮚ Proficiency in spoken and written Amharic and English required; proficiency in other local language is recommended and an added value.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Safety & Security Responsibility
⮚ Encourages compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
⮚ Visiting project Offices and operational areas periodically to meet staff and making sure that all staff members are aware of the safety and security procedures;
⮚ Explains to staffs the reasoning behind the organization’s safety and security policies and procedures
⮚ Organizing local training sessions, such as First Aid, Fire Safety, and Defensive Driving for staff members. If possible, he/she should conduct briefing and training sessions himself/herself;
⮚ Ensures that safety and security objectives are added to performance reviews and evaluations of all staff members;
⮚ Encourages staff to adopt safe and secure practices. Ensuring that updated personnel information related to safety (Record of Emergency Data) and security management are kept in Human resources.
⮚ Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
⮚ Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning process is gender sensitive.
⮚ Build a better gender balance in staffing through affirmative action.
⮚ Observe if women staff are as involved as men in high-profile activities such as interaction with visitors and chairing meetings, and take corrective action if warranted.
⮚ Encourage female staff to participate in external networks (local and regional), as well as seminars and cross visits.
⮚ Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get theLatest Updates for Latest Opportunitie
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article
NB: Whenever you are looking for a job in Ethiopia, just remember tikusjobs.com. We hope that tikusjobs.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
How To Apply:
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates should submit their application and updated CV’s ONLY to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title “Regional Finance Manager” on the subject line of their email and applications
Job Category:Accounting and Finance,
Location:Bahir Dar, Amhara
For more jobs,please click here