Independent News & Media Plc, publishers and distributors of the largest English weekly in Ethiopia, Fortune Newspaper, would like to offer the following career opportunities.
INITIAL SALARY: 8000 ETB
We are on the lookout for a passionate journalist to join our newsroom department.
- The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to write investigative articles, feature stories, and analytical pieces.
- Applicants must be well-grounded in news and have the ability to uncover stories about the economic and business sectors.
- Candidates must be able to write five originally sourced news stories each week, in addition to an unspecified number of shorter, non-reported daily briefs.
- The ideal candidate for this job should handle the pressures of daily deadlines, not be intimidated by workload pressure and stress, and possess talent and enthusiasm for digging out the real story and uncovering the truth.
- Source interesting, newsworthy stories each week.
- Follow up on leads, in person whenever possible and via telephone in other cases.
- Have or develop adequate understanding about the topics covered by the publication.
- Attend and document various events, such as conferences, exhibitions, court hearings, etc.
- Improve journalistic and writing skills through feedback and discussion with editors.
- Communicate with editors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Graduates of law, political science, journalism, economics, finance, or English literature from recognized universities.
- Must be able to clearly convey information and have strong writing and excellent portfolio skills in English.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-moving environment and meet deadlines.
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking.
- Prioritizing and multitasking.
- To excel in this role, you should be friendly, self-motivated, and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
- Applicants who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should apply through the Fortune Career website. CLICK HERE or submit in person at Independent News & Media Plc., on Sierra Leone St., Tegene Bldg, 7th Floor, adjacent to Global Hotel, Beqilo Bet area. For further information, you may call 0114163020.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening and interviews.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Oct 30, 2023