Senior Finance Officer – Accounting & Financial Management(Re-advertisement)
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential internal and external candidates to apply for the following position:
Senior Finance Officer – Accounting & Financial Management
Duration of Contract:
One-year contract, Renewable (with 60 working days probation period)
June 05, 2023
Senior Finance Officer – Accounting and Financial Management – is responsible for review and timely importing of transactions of assigned project offices. Follow up the implementation of internal policies and procedures at project level, engage in project finance staff capacity building and strengthen internal control at project office level.
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities
Key Result Area #1 – Financial Management,
1. Follow up the adherence of internal policies and procedures and donors’ rules and regulations at assigned project offices
2. Follow up timely transfers of funds and efficient cash management at assigned project offices
3. Oversee the withholding of government taxes at project level (withholding tax, income tax, etc.) as per the tax regulations and timely remittance to the government authorities.
4. Engage in proper documentation (appropriate numbering, PAID stamp, Labeling the box file, etc.) of the project office financial documents.
5. Run quarterly staff payroll related deductions report of projects under supervision and do reconciliation
Key Result Area #2 – Financial reporting and analysis
1. Review monthly financial reports of assigned project offices and formally communicate review feedbacks to the respective finance and program staffs for subsequent action
2. Review import journals for appropriate coding (LD combinations) before uploading in to the system
3. Review assigned project offices financial documents for appropriate coding, arithmetic accuracy, adequacy of supporting documents and etc
4. Follow up the implementation of review feedback and timely report to immediate supervisor for unresolved issues
5. Follow up on balance sheet accounts clearance of the respective projects and prepare aging analysis for timely action
6. Review all project offices monthly bank accounts reconciliations and bring to the attention of immediate supervisor for long outstanding reconciling items
7. Assists project accountants to prepare Government quarterly report
8. Print of all revised posted journals of respective projects and write journal batch number and file accordingly
Key Result Area #3 – Internal Control and Audit Support
1. Follow the implementation of internal controls over cash management at project offices level
2. Conduct regular projects office visit and build project office finance staff capacity in financial management and internal control
3. Engage with internal and external audits assignments
Follow up the implementation of audit recommendation at project office level
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Be aware of the stereotypes about women’s and men’s capacities, and discuss how they influence staff, in assigning responsibility, and in managing resources at unit and organization level.
Be able to describe how gender issues relate to one’s job responsibilities and how gender equity can be promoted through the execution of those responsibilities.
Be familiar with the local Gender Focal Point(s), and go to her/him to learn more about gender issues, or when there is a gender grievance or harassment issue to resolve
Within each project and department, discuss FH’s Gender & Diversity and Sexual Harassment and sexual exploitation Policies, so that all staff are conversant with them.
Refrain from any comments or gestures that indicate prejudicial views of female staff, especially female supervisors.
In each Project and Head Office, ask women staff what changes would make it more “gender-friendly”, organization and implement the recommendations
Safety & Security Responsibility
Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security policy of FH. Lapses in safe conduct can jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff.
Every FHE staff member has an obligation to learn and understand the security situation where they are located.
Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security. This includes, but not limited to, personal safety, road safety, etc.
He/she has a responsibility to become familiar to social, cultural and other associated features of their duty stations;
Abstains from inappropriate or offensive behavior that can put FHE in a difficult position, impair operations, and jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff of FHE.
All FHE staff should promotes safe conducts and exercises caution in all work activities; staff should accountable for own personal and professional actions and conduct;
Job Level Specifications
⮚ Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
⮚ Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes.
⮚ Strong people management skills / interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, teach and mentor staff and volunteers.
⮚ Ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization and across organizational and cultural boundaries.
⮚ 4 years’ experience in a similar or senior finance position with an International NGO.
⮚ Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, IPSAS and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
⮚ BA in Accounting or related fields from a recognized university
⮚ Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
⮚ Proficiency in MS Dynamics, MS-Word and MS-Excel and other applications
⮚ Proven expertise with USAID/UN/OFDA rules and regulation on Procurement and Financial Management
⮚ Give attention to detail
⮚ Work independently or with limited supervision
⮚ Interpersonal skill
⮚ Proficiency in spoken and written Amharic & and English required;
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for Latest Opportunitie
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article
NB: Whenever you are looking for a job in Ethiopia, just remember tikusjobs.com. We hope that tikusjobs.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
How To Apply:
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title
“Senior Finance Officer – Accounting & Financial Management ”
on the subject line of their email and applications.
Job Category:Accounting and Finance
For more jobs,please click here