Senior Grants Manager (Re-advertisement)
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the mentioned position:
Position: Senior Grants Manager [SGM]
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 60 working days Probation)
Under the guidance of the Finance & Grants Director, the Senior Grants Manager will oversee the grants unit of FH Ethiopia providing a technical and administrative support on areas of Grants, Contract and Budget (GCB) Management. The position is responsible for ensuring that FH has full compliance of FH and Donor’s rules and regulations. The position will have a special focus on US Government grants, and will play a critical role in protecting FHE from risk, ensuring FHE’s good standing with donors and partners by supporting accurate, complete and timely financial reporting.
Key Result #1 – Business Development
● Support the new business development manager and programs in developing new proposals for grant funding with a focus on budget, compliance, and sound management principles.
● Work closely with GSC in order to ensure that grant proposals meet Donor and FH standards
● Conduct a thorough review of budget realignment/ Modifications prior to Donor submissions and coordinate with implementing program leads for timely response to feedbacks
Key Result #2- Donor Compliance
● Conduct review of Donor Agreements in Review In collaboration with the GSC and ensure that FH has the capacity to align with the rules and regulations of the Donor
● Advise Grant implementing program managers on areas of the donor’s rules and regulations
● Conduct regular monitoring donor agreements and coordinate their review with the relevant FH HQ office. Coordinate and support the team to obtain DOAs prior to grant signatures, as needed.
● Ensure that FH has a well-developed Donor Compliance matrix for every approved grants
● Investigate and resolve any compliance problems and ensure that actions are properly documented.
● Support donor audit activities and ensures compliance with donor regulations.
Key Result #3- Grants Management
● Assists and reviews the GSC grants finance donor reports and the preparation of monthly grant analysis reports for the USG grants
● Coordinate and review grant agreements, amendments, and extensions.
● Prepare and review periodic financial reports for donor compliance.
● Ensure that budgets and financial decisions adhere to donor regulations, and meet US Agency for International Development (USAID) guidelines, specifically OMB Super Circular.
● Coordinate & Support donors to perform organization level assessment and provide updated information & documents.
● Work with FH project specific grant team (RFSA & JEOP, etc.) to have a reconciliation for all funds answer and received and what is in the financial reports.
● Ensures grants start up and close-out processes are according to agreements/contracts.
Key Result #3- Budget Management
● Work closely with FH Business Development team in preparation of grant budgets, budget narratives and ensure that proper allocations are made in accordance with the cost requirements of the Donor and government regulations.
● Collaborate with department directors and project managers in preparation of annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and other projections as needed.
● Control staff to charge their effort as per the allocated budget & actual time spending.
● Preform Advance & reimbursement request from local level agreement donors as per the agreement payment modality.
Key Result #4 Contract Management
● Implements a robust grant contracts management system.
● Establish a Smartsheet to use in tracking the country’s grant “backlog to track each award on how much has been spent on those awards, and what the remaining balance is for each award.
● Ensure grants databases and other platforms are up-to-date with required information.
● Conduct coordination calls with HQ Grants Management Team and technical staff on an ongoing basis to resolve and prevent compliance and/or performance issues.
● Ensures financial integrity and accountability for Sub grantees maintenance of appropriate internal controls, financial systems and financial procedures.
● Support the Finance and Grants Director with analyzing and processing reports and payment requests from sub-awardees, and contractors, and with other tasks as assigned
● Support Finance and Grants Director by preparing reports and information related to FHE grants metrics.
● Maintain shared resource google file and other such as Dropbox and FH Connect with up to date information in relation to grants and compliance
● Support assessment of subrecipients’ financial management capacity, support to develop improvement plan and to have a capacity strengthening activities for identified gaps.
● Support & work with FH project specific grant managers to perform monitoring visit, accordingly Provide proactive advice and support the subrecipients to ensure compliance with standards and proper records, as well as to strengthening of their internal control & effective project implementation.
● Review subrecipients advance request as per the implementation plan to avoid unrealistic forecasts, with in the obligated amount and others.
● Support the finance team in the preparation of the Single Audit and External Audit
Key Result #5 – Technical leadership and Staff Management
● Advises the F&G Director, the programs in matters related to Grants management.
● Identifies areas of risk and provides recommendations on the required action to mitigate the risks.
● Ensures seamless coordination and facilitates effective communication between the Grants functions and programs
● Creates networking and communications with the GSC Grants finance team in relation to Grants, Contracts and Budget;
● Works closely with FHE programs team to ensure that standards of good practice in management are met for the Grants unit
● Identifies inefficiencies and bottlenecks between and within programmatic and Grants units and proposes and establishes mechanisms, trainings, systems or procedures for addressing them
● Assist to develops and/or monitors systems for enhancing organizational and donor compliance on Grants, Contracts and New BD Budgets and other related matters.
● Ensures GCB Unit staff capacity is sufficient to implement the programs strategy; Coordinate recruitment, interviews and selection of staff as needed.
● leadership to all Grants Unit staff and intentionally develops the managerial potential of key staff in his/her Unit.
Job Level Specifications
⮚ Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
⮚Humble and willing to support staffs and customers
Education and Experience
⮚ Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field. ACCA or other certification is a plus.
⮚ Minimum 8 years of related experience with grant and contracts management, financial analysis, or grant compliance. Prior USG grant management experience is a plus.
⮚ This position supervises Grants & Compliance Manager, Pricing & Budget Manager and Partnership & Contracts Manager positions.
⮚ The position also has a technical relationship with the Grants team working under JEOP and RFSA.
⮚ Proficiency in spoken and written Amharic and English required; proficiency in other local language is recommended and an added value.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Safety & Security Responsibilities
⮚ Encourages compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
⮚ Visiting project Offices and operational areas periodically to meet staff and making sure that all staff members are aware of the safety and security procedures;
⮚ Explains to staffs the reasoning behind the organization’s safety and security policies and procedures
⮚ Organizing local training sessions, such as First Aid, Fire Safety, and Defensive Driving for staff members. If possible, he/she should conduct briefing and training sessions himself/herself;
⮚ Ensures that safety and security objectives are added to performance reviews and evaluations of all staff members;
⮚ Encourages staff to adopt safe and secure practices. Ensuring that updated personnel information related to safety (Record of Emergency Data) and security management are kept in Human resources
⮚ Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
⮚ Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning process is gender sensitive.
⮚ Build a better gender balance in staffing through affirmative action.
⮚ Observe if women staff are as involved as men in high-profile activities such as interaction with visitors and chairing meetings, and take corrective action if warranted.
⮚ Encourage female staff to participate in external networks (local and regional), as well as seminars and cross visits.
⮚ Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get theLatest Updates for Latest Opportunitie
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article
NB: Whenever you are looking for a job in Ethiopia, just remember tikusjobs.com. We hope that tikusjobs.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
How To Apply:
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates should submit their application and updated CV’s ONLY to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title “Senior Grants Manager [SGM]” on the subject line of their email and applications
Job Category:Accounting and Finance, Management
For more jobs,please click here