Shelter Program Officer (Urgent)
About Samaritan’s Purse
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine. Samaritan’s Purse is privileged to be part of the humanitarian effort in Ethiopia and legally registered as foreign charity to work in Ethiopia since October 08, 2018.
The Shelter Program Officer will be responsible for implementing daily programmatic activities including receiving shelter material shipments, organizing in-kind and cash distributions, and overseeing community mobilizers to ensure community engagement throughout each process. The Shelter Program officer will also be responsible for tracking construction progress with support from the community mobilizers. The Shelter Program Officer will report directly to the Shelter Program Coordinator and be responsible for identifying problems and challenges in program implementation and communicating them to the Shelter Program Manager.
Open Position: 1
Duration of Contract: untill October 31,2023.
_ Ensure that program supplies are delivered to the kebeles at the appropriate locations and in the desired quantities
– Organize daily labor for unloading program supplies as they arrive in the kebeles
_ Oversee distribution of program supplies ensuring that structures are in place for each beneficiary to receive the materials assigned to them
– Oversee cash distribution to beneficiaries within a structure that promotes safety and ensures that individuals receive the cash intended for them
_ Provide technical support to community mobilizers for monitoring construction progress throughout the life of the project
_ Communicate with Shelter Model House Trainer to create a seamless transition from distribution to training
_ Ensure community groups are formed and functioning well to support one another throughout the distribution and construction process
_ Report weekly progress and challenges to the Shelter Program Coordinator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
2. Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
3. Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
4. Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Must be a humble team player.
6. Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
7. Willingness spend the majority of time in the field.
8. Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
9. Must have analytical and report writing skills
10. High level of integrity and stewardship.
11. Committed to the SP values and ethics.
12. Ability to work on multiple projects as a leader and self-starter.
Education / Experience Needed
– BA in engineering required.
_ Experience (three years) in previous shelter and /or WASH Programming required
_Experience in Hygiene education preferred
_Experience in Management and supervision required
_ Experience preferably with a NGO in the past.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get theLatest Updates for Latest Opportunitie
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article
NB: Whenever you are looking for a job in Ethiopia, just remember tikusjobs.com. We hope that tikusjobs.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
· May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
· Work in a security context that is fluid
The employee is required to carry out his/her duties in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse Safeguarding policy and Code of conduct.
Employee should remain alert and responsive to any child and adult safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills, which will enable him/her to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child and adult safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct his/herself in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding Policy.
How To Apply:
nterested applicants can send only updated CV (maximum of 2 pages and application letter (one Page only) no later than May 29, 2023 to
. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, “Shelter Program Officer”
Job Category:Development and Project Management, Community Service
Location:North Wollo, Amhara
For more jobs,please click here