Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Under the supervision of Education officer/school director, the teacher is responsible for assuring quality teaching and learning processes implemented at schools and Child Friendly spaces also closely working with parent-teacher associations, school management committees, and other community members.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Education Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure a safe learning environment for education program.
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected.
- Register children for enrolment to the program, and monitor attendance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Collect enrolment and attendance data and report to school director/supervisor.
- Facilitate daily, weekly, monthly and yearly lesson plan for teaching and learning processes.
- Ensure the school program has a yearly schedule and appropriate activities plan display.
- Ensure that students are present for scheduled sessions, track absences, and arrange for substitutes.
- Ensure that children’s participation and input form the basis of education activities.
- Contribute to school development planning, and follow-up of co curriculum activities for students, taking into account their skills and abilities.
- Ensure to include lessons on promoting children’s health, nutrition, and hygiene.
- Manage the feeding program for children.
- Be a positive role model and resolve conflicts that arise regarding the school Program or the Child Friendly Canters.
- Ensure that all games and equipment are accounted for, in good condition, and stored securely at the end of the day.
- Communicate and collaborate work with Child Protection team in the camp.
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to update the children status in teaching and learning progress in the school and keep the performance of the children.
- Measure students’ performance based on the Continues Assessment Test.
- Take part on inter class and outside academic competition.
- Prepare exams that are relevant and standard for the children.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary capacity to improve performance and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself (and their team).
• Takes responsibility for his/her own personal actions and encourages others to do the same.
• Widely shares his/her personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future-orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risk
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Diploma/ Degree in teaching.
· Three years experience in teaching
· Good command of written and spoken English and Somali language
· Good communication skills
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article